Leading Asbestos Removal Services in Alexandria
With experience of more than 10 years, Demolition 4 Less has managed to become a local household name for asbestos removal. We strive to build an asbestos free community with our team who carries passion and desire for their work.
Asbestos Removal needs proper planning, and one must not handle asbestos by self. If you prefer to do DIY asbestos removal, you must strictly follow the following process suggested by the Government of Australia.
DIY Asbestos removal is highly not recommended and is considered illegal in some states. In the Australian Capital Territory, asbestos removal must be carried out by experts however, in other states and territory a non-licensed individual is allowed to carry to remove non-friable asbestos if the area is less than 10 metre square.
Checklist to DIY Asbestos removal
- Right equipment: To conduct a proper and safe asbestos removal process you must have right equipment that includes PPE Kit, plastic sheet, duct tape, bolt cutters, access to garden hose with a fine nozzle spray, bucket of water, disposable rags, labelled solid asbestos container, and H class vacuum cleaner.
- Planning: Decide on your clean area where you want to keep all your equipment, learn of few asbestos removal specialist in your locality, read the environment law regarding asbestos, check the weather outside because if the weather seems windy there is a risk of asbestos dispersion, prepare your work area that is removal of all electrical and gas items, prepare your storage area for waste and do not forget to inform your neighbourhood so that they stay away during the process.
- Asbestos removal: During the process, keep spraying light water or water mixed with detergents in the area. Begin with loosening and removing the nail if any so that asbestos material does not break down, remove the bolts without getting in contact with asbestos material. Carefully remove the lower pieces of asbestos material and put them in an asbestos waste container. Remove the larger pieces of asbestos material by double wrapping then and seal them with duct tape and label it correctly.
- Decontamination: After removal of asbestos material, it is compulsory to decontaminate the area with wet decontamination that is using disposable rags to wipe contaminated area or dry decontamination that involves rolling or folding and sealing contaminated sheets.
- Competent person- If you are self-handling asbestos or you are hiring a non-licensed individual for asbestos removal, he or she must have necessary knowledge and skills to conduct the removal. It is always advisable that the individual must be industry trained with experience and must have right equipment.
- Size of the area- If the asbestos removal area is more than 10 metre square, you must always hire a licensed asbestos removal specialist. Sometimes, a non-licensed individual can carry out the process and is itself dangerous to the health of people living in the surroundings.
- No insurance covered- Most of the insurance policies will not take responsibility for health damage done by the asbestos removal. So, before you hire a non-licensed individual, you must understand that you will be liable to pay awfully expensive clean-up costs.