Welcome To Demolition 4 Less
Leading Asbestos Removal Services in Alexandria
Asbestos Removal needs proper planning, and one must not handle asbestos by self. If you prefer to do DIY asbestos removal, you must strictly follow the following process suggested by the Government of Australia.
How to DIY Asbestos Removal in Alexandria?
DIY Asbestos removal is highly not recommended and is considered illegal in some states. In the Australian Capital Territory, asbestos removal must be carried out by experts however, in other states and territory a non-licensed individual is allowed to carry to remove non-friable asbestos if the area is less than 10 metre square.
Checklist to DIY Asbestos removal
- Right equipment: To conduct a proper and safe asbestos removal process you must have right equipment that includes PPE Kit, plastic sheet, duct tape, bolt cutters, access to garden hose with a fine nozzle spray, bucket of water, disposable rags, labelled solid asbestos container, and H class vacuum cleaner.
- Planning Decide on your clean area where you want to keep all your equipment, learn of few asbestos removal specialist in your locality, read the environment law regarding asbestos, check the weather outside because if the weather seems windy there is a risk of asbestos dispersion, prepare your work area that is removal of all electrical and gas items, prepare your storage area for waste and do not forget to inform your neighbourhood so that they stay away during the process.
- Asbestos removal: During the process, keep spraying light water or water mixed with detergents in the area. Begin with loosening and removing the nail if any so that asbestos material does not break down, remove the bolts without getting in contact with asbestos material. Carefully remove the lower pieces of asbestos material and put them in an asbestos waste container. Remove the larger pieces of asbestos material by double wrapping then and seal them with duct tape and label it correctly.
- Decontamination: After removal of asbestos material, it is compulsory to decontaminate the area with wet decontamination that is using disposable rags to wipe contaminated area or dry decontamination that involves rolling or folding and sealing contaminated sheets.
Why hire an asbestos removal expert?
- Competent person- If you are self-handling asbestos or you are hiring a non-licensed individual for asbestos removal, he or she must have necessary knowledge and skills to conduct the removal. It is always advisable that the individual must be industry trained with experience and must have right equipment.
- Size of the area- If the asbestos removal area is more than 10 metre square, you must always hire a licensed asbestos removal specialist. Sometimes, a non-licensed individual can carry out the process and is itself dangerous to the health of people living in the surroundings.
- No insurance covered-Most of the insurance policies will not take responsibility for health damage done by the asbestos removal. So, before you hire a non-licensed individual, you must understand that you will be liable to pay awfully expensive clean-up costs.
- We have ten years of experience, plus we are fully licensed and insured. Asbestos removal has the potential to be an expensive, dangerous undertaking. You need to know you are working with experienced professionals.
- We offer both removal and demolition services. Whether you need an old asbestos shed or garage taking down, or you just need the asbestos insulation cleared from an otherwise serviceable building, we know exactly how to take care of it.
- We offer a 100% guarantee on all asbestos work carried out
Demolition4less completed 2 jobs for me at a very good price and most importantly they are professional curtious and super efficient. I have already lined up two more jobs with them..... Thanks boys!
Removed an asbestos fence. Did an excellent job. Would certainly recommend them.
Bol and crew have now completed 2 jobs for us. Price was fantastic and most importantly attitude and work ethic was professional and super efficient . What more can one ask for?! I know who I’ll be calling next time..... Thanks boys!
Great work. Quick response and very supportive. Had a lot of knowledge about asbestos removal works. They performed a good outcome in removing asbestos from my site in seven hills. Definitely using them and highly recommended.
Great job done promptly! Really appreciate quick service
AAA+++ I highly recommend working with these guys. They did a fantastic job of removing all our asbestos during our renovation. They made no mess and the price was very competitive! I would not use any other removal service. Ash
Needed a reliable asbestos removal team for my mum’s house and they were the only ones that gave me a reasonable quote. Service was quick, thorough and exactly how they explained it to me. Highly recommended!
Came home after a vacation to find out that the ceilings in my garage were damaged by the recent storm, which exposed some asbestos which we didn’t even know about. I called Demolition 4 Less and they removed the damaged ceiling the same day. Nice job.
They did a fantastic job on asbestos removal from my living room ceiling. Good service that didn’t cost a fortune! Professional site clean-up afterwards was much appreciated. A+
First time getting house repairs by a professional asbestos disposal company, so I had a lot of questions. They answered all of them and were gracious enough to explain their rates and quotes. They also gave me daily reports about the progress which added to my peace of mind. This team thinks of everything! Glad to have worked with them.
I bought this house a year ago and it was a fixer-upper with many issues. The first thing that I wanted removed were the asbestos from the kitchen and bathroom walls. I called the Demolition 4 Less and they were there the next day. The team is very professional, answered all of my questions and removed the last traces of asbestos from my house in just one day. Couldn’t be happier.
I am a real estate agent tasked with doing minor repairs for homeowners who wanted to put their homes for sale. One house had a really severe asbestos problem and the open house was just a week away! They were the only team who took on the job and got it done a few days before the open house. Great team of guys. Will not hesitate to recommend them to my clients.
Demolition 4 Less handled asbestos disposal for my store and I was happy with the results. They gave me an accurate quote, a reasonable timetable for the work and coordinated with me every step of the way. I only had to close shop for two days, which was a day earlier than expected! Truly a team of professionals that I would hire again.